The following are available positions with the Task Force.
SURVIVOR SERVICES INTERNSHIP
The Task Force is seeking a reliable, self-motivated individual to support the Task Force’s social services data collection and community collaboration efforts. The internship position will be managed and guided by the Task Force Coordinator. This internship is unpaid, and is available to be conducted remotely or onsite in New Orleans. Work hours and schedule can be flexible, with weekly meetings and some outreach activities during workday hours (9:00am-5:00pm central time) required. This internship will 1) provide the intern with experience working within the domestic US anti-trafficking movement, and give insight into the process of cross-disciplinary collaboration and community partnership.
The intern will support the Task Force’s efforts to create and implement a community resource inventory survey on human trafficking survivor housing options within the Greater New Orleans region. The intern will research and liaise with potential community partners, and support data analysis of survey responses. The intern should be self-motivated, with the ability to successful complete tasks remotely or offsite.
- Support the Task Force Coordinator inthe creation, implementation and analysis of a community resource inventory survey focused on human trafficking victim/survivor housing the Greater New Orleans region
- Outreach and liaison with Greater New Orleans area housing providers and potential community partners
- Distribute and monitor the survey
- Support the TFC in data analysis of survey responses
- Create a user-friendly Resource Guide and supplemental data briefing highlighting the survey’s findings
- Demonstrated background knowledge on human trafficking and the anti-human trafficking movement is required
- Research and data collection experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills, familiarity with Google Drive
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively from a remote location
- Content creation and graphic design a plus (IE: creating flyers, etc.)
- Experience in non-profit or social services setting a plus
Opportunities as an Intern:
- Network with service providers and potential employers in the Greater New Orleans region from organizations in a variety of social service provider movements, including: anti-trafficking, domestic violence/sexual assault, homelessness, foreign national and refugee services, and more.
- Access to U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Victims of Crime, and other federal agency webinars and training sessions on human trafficking response. Also welcome to attend training sessions or Task Force meetings associated with the GNOHTTF.
- Flexible work hours with the opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
- Create a final product that will positively impact the Greater New Orleans community and provide you with a tangible “fruit of your labor”.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is full. Priority will be given to applications turned in by October 31th, 2017. Email your resume, cover letter, and answers to the questionnaire attached with the subject line “Task Force Internship- (last name)” to: Leanne McCallum, Task Force Coordinator, at email@example.com.
The role of the Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Coordinated Service Referral Network (CSRN) VISTA is to assist in the development and maintenance of a coordinated service referral network, including working with victim-service providers and law enforcement partners in the Greater New Orleans region. This network will become a central platform for coordinating the wrap-around, individualized support needed to best serve survivors of human trafficking victims.
Under the supervision of the Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Task Force Coordinator, the CSRN VISTA will work to engage, educate, and maintain working relationships with key partner agencies in the network, including both service providers and law enforcement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a partner liaison to Task Force member agencies in order to assist in the development and ongoing support of the CSRN;
- Organize trainings and meetings for representatives from network member organizations;
- Regularly (weekly or bi-weekly) contact member organizations to ensure consistent partner engagement with the CSRN, and to assist with partner data collection;
- Regularly (weekly) assess the capacity, both programmatic and physical, of member organizations to ensure seamless referrals while avoiding “overburdening” any one agency;
- Must have ability and desire to serve human trafficking survivors by streamlining different service pathways of referral, including linguistically appropriate and culturally-sensitive social, mental health, medical, legal, educational, vocational and job training services;
- Provide administrative support to Survivor Services Committee (a part of the Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Task Force);
- Assist Task Force Coordinator in other capacities as needed.
- Must be able to work with a diverse range of community partners in an engaging manner;
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills required;
- Subject matter expertise or prior professional experience related to human trafficking required;
- A proactive attitude with the ability to work independently required;
- Experience with data collection and analysis strongly preferred;
- Reliable transportation method or familiarity with public transportation strongly preferred.
To apply, you must apply to the Americorps VISTA position through the Americorps application portal here: https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorpsvista/start-your-application or learn more at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=56237&fromSearch=true. If you're interested in this specific position, please reach out to the Task Force Coordinator, Leanne McCallum. This position will be filled in Fall-Winter 2017/2018.
AMERICORPS VISTA POSITION
Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Coordinated Service Referral Network (CSRN) VISTA