The following are available positions with the Task Force.
The role of the Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Coordinated Service Referral Network (CSRN) VISTA is to assist in the development and maintenance of a coordinated service referral network, including working with victim-service providers and law enforcement partners in the Greater New Orleans region. This network will become a central platform for coordinating the wrap-around, individualized support needed to best serve survivors of human trafficking victims.
Under the supervision of the Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Task Force Coordinator, the CSRN VISTA will work to engage, educate, and maintain working relationships with key partner agencies in the network, including both service providers and law enforcement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a partner liaison to Task Force member agencies in order to assist in the development and ongoing support of the CSRN;
- Organize trainings and meetings for representatives from network member organizations;
- Regularly (weekly or bi-weekly) contact member organizations to ensure consistent partner engagement with the CSRN, and to assist with partner data collection;
- Regularly (weekly) assess the capacity, both programmatic and physical, of member organizations to ensure seamless referrals while avoiding “overburdening” any one agency;
- Must have ability and desire to serve human trafficking survivors by streamlining different service pathways of referral, including linguistically appropriate and culturally-sensitive social, mental health, medical, legal, educational, vocational and job training services;
- Provide administrative support to Survivor Services Committee (a part of the Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Task Force);
- Assist Task Force Coordinator in other capacities as needed.
- Must be able to work with a diverse range of community partners in an engaging manner;
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills required;
- Subject matter expertise or prior professional experience related to human trafficking required;
- A proactive attitude with the ability to work independently required;
- Experience with data collection and analysis strongly preferred;
- Reliable transportation method or familiarity with public transportation strongly preferred.
To apply, you must apply to the Americorps VISTA position through the Americorps application portal here: https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorpsvista/start-your-application or learn more at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=56237&fromSearch=true. If you're interested in this specific position, please reach out to the Task Force Coordinator, Leanne McCallum. This position will be filled in Winter 2018.
AMERICORPS VISTA POSITION
Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Coordinated Service Referral Network (CSRN) VISTA