No paid positions are currently hiring within the Task Force. Internship opportunities are open on a rolling basis for the fall, winter, spring and summer. Contact us to learn more about internship opportunities.
Task Force Internship
The Task Force is seeking a reliable, self-motivated individual to support the Task Force’s social services data collection and community collaboration efforts. The internship position will be managed and guided by the Task Force Coordinator. This internship is unpaid, and is to be conducted onsite in New Orleans. This internship will provide the intern with experience working within the domestic US anti-trafficking movement, and give insight into the process of cross-disciplinary collaboration and community partnership.
The intern will support the Task Force’s efforts to collaborate with service providers in the Greater New Orleans region. The intern will research and liaise with potential community partners, and support data analysis of survey responses. Additionally, the intern will assist in the development and maintenance of a coordinated service referral network, including working with victim-service providers and law enforcement partners in the Greater New Orleans region.
Successful candidates should be self-motivated, with the ability to successful complete tasks remotely or offsite. Work hours and schedule can be flexible, with weekly meetings and some outreach activities during workday hours (9:00am- 5:00pm central time) required.
- Support the Task Force Coordinator in the creation, implementation and analysis of a community resource inventory survey focused on human trafficking victim/survivor housing the Greater New Orleans region
- Outreach and liaison with Greater New Orleans area housing providers and potential community partners
- Assist in the creation of materials and guides produced by the Task Force
- Assist in the coordination of meetings and collaborative events with the Task Force
- Demonstrated background knowledge on human trafficking and the anti-human trafficking movement
- Research and data collection experience
- Strong coordination and event support skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills, familiarity with Google Drive and cloud platforms
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in an office setting and remotely outside of an office setting
- Content creation and graphic design a plus (IE: creating flyers, etc.)
- Experience in non-profit or social services setting a plus
- In your own words, what is human trafficking?
- In your own words, please list or describe vulnerabilities that make a person more likely to experience human trafficking. Who do you think is the most vulnerable to trafficking within the U.S.?
- Describe a time that you worked with someone you disagreed with, or who had a different opinion than you. How did you respond?
- Why are you interested in this internship position?
- Role Play: You are distributed a survey to 10 organizations last week, and only 1 has responded. What steps do you take to get the remaining 9 organizations to complete the survey?
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is full, with a priority deadline of September 10th, 2018. To apply, please send a: resume, cover letter, and answers to the questions above with the subject line “Task Force Internship- (last name)” to firstname.lastname@example.org.