No positions are currently hiring within the Task Force. Internship opportunities (such as the example posting below) are open on a rolling basis for the fall, winter, spring and summer. Contact us to learn more about internship opportunities.
Task Force Internship (closed)
The Task Force is seeking a reliable, self-motivated individual to support the Task Force’s social services data collection and community collaboration efforts. The internship position will be managed and guided by the Task Force Coordinator. This internship is unpaid, and is available to be conducted remotely or onsite in New Orleans. This internship will provide the intern with experience working within the domestic US anti-trafficking movement, and give insight into the process of cross-disciplinary collaboration and community partnership.
The intern will support the Task Force’s efforts to create and implement a community resource inventory survey on human trafficking survivor housing options within the Greater New Orleans region. The intern will research and liaise with potential community partners, and support data analysis of survey responses. Additionally, the intern will assist in the development and maintenance of a coordinated service referral network, including working with victim-service providers and law enforcement partners in the Greater New Orleans region. This network will become a central platform for coordinating the wrap-around, individualized support needed to best serve survivors of human trafficking victims.
Successful candidates should be self-motivated, with the ability to successful complete tasks remotely or offsite. Work hours and schedule can be flexible, with weekly meetings and some outreach activities during workday hours (9:00am- 5:00pm central time) required.
- Support the Task Force Coordinator in the creation, implementation and analysis of a community resource inventory survey focused on human trafficking victim/survivor housing the Greater New Orleans region
- Outreach and liaison with Greater New Orleans area housing providers and potential community partners
- Distribute and monitor the survey
- Support the TFC in data analysis of survey responses
- Create a user-friendly Resource Guide and supplemental data briefing highlighting the survey’s findings
- Demonstrated background knowledge on human trafficking and the anti-human trafficking movement
- Research and data collection experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills, familiarity with Google Drive and cloud platforms
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in an office setting and remotely outside of an office setting
- Content creation and graphic design a plus (IE: creating flyers, etc.)
- Experience in non-profit or social services setting a plus
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is full. To apply, please send a: resume and cover letter with the subject line “Task Force Internship- (last name)” to email@example.com.