This is the quarterly Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Task Force meeting. This meeting is open to the public. If you would like to join, please RSVP to email@example.com
- 9:15am - 9:30am Meet & Greet
- 9:30am - 9:40am: Introduction-- Task Force Coordinator, Leanne McCallum
- 9:40am - 10:10am: Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Task Force Updates
- New Task Force Coordinator: Full introduction of the new Task Force Coordinator.
- Year 1 Evaluation: Reviewing outcomes, challenges and successes, while brainstorming how to address issues and challenges for the future.
- CAST legal training: Update on Coalition to Abolish Slavery (CAST) LA legal services training coming in October.
- Task Force member updates: Organizations will have time to share updates, challenges, and successes.
- 10:15am - 11:00am Training: Leanne McCallum-- Rethinking Representation of Human Trafficking
- If a picture says 1000 words, what is your organization saying about human trafficking? This presentation will take a look at how we portray human trafficking in our social media, development & outreach materials, and more. This will include common missteps and best practices for visual media, statistics and studies, and survivor stories and testimonials. Please note the subject of this training may change.
- 11:00am - 11:15am: Questions & Wrap Up