Below you will find service providers and contact information to report potential cases, locate services, and learn more about the crime of human trafficking.
These resources are available to provide you with more general information about human trafficking.
- Polaris Project
- ATEST (Alliance to End Human Trafficking)
- Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Department of State Office to Monitor and Combat Human Trafficking
- Modern Slavery Research Project (Loyola University, New Orleans)
- Human Trafficking Center (University of Denver, Denver)
HUMAN TRAFFICKING REFERRAL RESOURCES
These resources are specifically for human trafficking:
Below you will find the Human Trafficking Survivor Services Resources Guide, produced by the Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Task Force and the New Orleans Children's Advocacy Center. This list includes survivor services and organizations for for both labor and sex trafficking of adults and children within the Greater New Orleans community.
- IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER, PLEASE CALL 911
- For a 24 hour, toll-free national directory of services, information, and inquiries related to potential trafficking cases, services, and more*: National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-888-373-7888 (TTY: 711)
- For a 24 hour national tip line to report suspicious criminal behavior to law enforcement, call the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Tip Line: 1-866-347-2423
- For 24 hour crisis center/shelter for trafficking victims/survivors in New Orleans: Covenant House New Orleans: (504) 894-1111
- For children and youth in New Orleans: Covenant House New Orleans: (504) 894-1111
- For adults in New Orleans: New Orleans Family Justice Center: (504) 866-9554
- For immigrant legal services in New Orleans: Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans: (504) 310- 6873
*This resource is run by a non-profit and is not a mandatory reporter to law enforcement or immigration authorities. Therefore any action related to a call must be approved by the caller. This resource is an ideal starting point for those who are fearful or are concerned about legal repercussions for the information they may have.
ADDITIONAL REFERRAL RESOURCES
These national resources are for issues that parallel human trafficking, violence, and exploitation:
- Domestic Violence: National Domestic Violence Hotline, 24 hour Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Sexual Abuse: Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN), 24 hour Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
- Suicide: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 24 hour Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Dating Violence: National Dating Abuse Helpline, 24 hour Hotline: 1-866-331-9474
- Runaway and Homeless Youth: National Runaway Safeline, 24 hour Hotline: 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929)
- Missing Children and Child Pornography: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, 24 hour Hotline: 1-800-THE-LOST (843-5678)