Volunteer Advocate Training for Survivors of Sexual Assault & Intimate Partner Violence
Sponsored by the New Orleans Family Justice Center
Medical advocates are compassionate and reliable volunteers who provide crisis intervention, support and resources to victims/survivors during a forensic medical exam after an incident of sexual assault or domestic violence.
- Advocates are on-call for 6 hour shifts of your choosing: day, evening and overnight shifts available. Take as few as two shifts per month.
- A powerful opportunity to support survivors and help them begin their healing process.
- Invaluable experience for anyone in the social services, public health and healthcare fields.
- Count toward volunteer or internship hours.
Upcoming Training Schedule: September 2018*
All advocates complete 40 hours of training provided by NOFJC (20 hours
online, 20 in-person).
Upcoming in-person training schedule is as follows:
▪ Tuesday, September 3rd, 9am-4pm
▪ Wednesday September 4th, 9am-4pm
▪ Thursday, September 5th, 9am-4pm
*Advocates need to attend all training dates. If you have a scheduling conflict,
please indicate on the volunteer application and we will try our best to provide
opportunities for make-up training.
For more information: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Though this event is hosted by a Task Force partner, this event does not necessarily represent the views or values of the Task Force, and the Task Force is not responsible for the content provided at the training.